Have you recently received a bottle of amaretto and been wondering what kind of drinks to make with it? Or perhaps you remember seeing this Italian almond-flavored liqueur in your parents’ liquor cabinet and have always been curious about trying it. Well, here are a few delicious cocktails that are sure to make you a big amaretto fan.
This is probably the best-known drink made with amaretto.
1 1/2 ounces amaretto
1 ounce of simple syrup
3/4 ounce lemon juice
- Add amaretto, simple syrup and lemon juice into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake, then strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish the glass with a maraschino cherry and a slice of orange.
The Yellowhammer Slammer
This is the unofficial drink of the University of Alabama. It is so popular that a Tuscaloosa bar called Gallettes sells approximately 4,000 to 5,000 of these potent drinks during every home football game.
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces rum
1 ounce of amaretto
4 ounces orange juice
7 ounces pineapple juice
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into a 20-ounce cup filled with ice.
It is rumored that Marlon Brando, the actor who starred in the original "The Godfather" movie, loved this drink.
2 ounces scotch
2 ounces amaretto
- Add scotch and amaretto into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake.
- Strain into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
These drinks would be perfect to serve to your friends in our beautiful apartments in Atlanta, Georgia. Each of our one- and two-bedroom apartments boast gourmet kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Our community also offers a resort-style pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and even a yoga studio.